Monday, September 23, 2013

First Family Vacation!

I'd like to start this post by first saying, THANK YOU SO MUCH to my wonderful friends who didn't bat an eye when we decided we wanted to bring Sailor on our Labor Day Vacay with us!

 You see, we booked this trip last year before we even knew I was pregnant, then when it came around we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to spill the beans to our friends (as I would not be drinking, and it would likely bring up suspicions anyway...) But then, a hurricane hit here and the vacation got shelved indefinitely.

Then life happened. I was getting bigger by the day, my best friend soon realized she was pregnant too, and really? Who wants to go to the beach big and pregnant, much less when it's cold outside? So we ultimately decided it would be best to re-book one year later, this past Labor Day.

Pregnant me said, "Hell yeah! Of course I will let the baby stay here with my mom for the weekend!" Baby-Free-Party at the beach! WooHoo!"

Then I had the baby, reality hit, (remember that fierce, ferocious, love I talked about on the last blog?) And I realized, there is simply no way in hell I'm leaving my six-month old for 4 days while we are 4 hours away!

So then, I had to come to terms with the fact that we had to tell the rest of our friends that we wanted to bring our baby to our "party trip," and also had to accept the fact that everyone may not want that and we would have to graciously give up our spot...out of fairness to them.

I was so anxious the night of our group meeting about the trip, I felt sick to my stomach as I cautiously came clean that I wanted to bring Sailor to the beach....

 and to my relief and delight, my friends were so understanding and overwhelmingly said it was fine! WHEW!
I hope you all know how appreciative we are!

Now, to some fun pics from the trip...

Someone's excited!

Fast forward past a shit show of a road trip...3.5 hour turned 5 hour drive, (thanks to holiday traffic), several unintended stops, (Thank you Sailor, for finding it absolutely imperative to take a massive dump in the middle of stand still traffic, forcing us to change you in the middle of downtown Mobile, AL), and pumping in a moving vehicle (a true nightmare!)

We made it!   
 

 What a babe!
                                                


 She loved the sand!
 My fave!


 Much needed girl talk!

Sleeping on Nanny!

Pool Day!

 She wasn't very impressed by the pool...

Momma needed this!
4 Days til our 2nd family vacay (And baby's first plane ride...)
Pray for us all!


No comments:

Post a Comment