Saturday, July 21, 2012

First Doctor's Appointment

So, I went to the doctor this past Thursday (7/19) for what I thought was my first appointment, but when I got up to the counter the receptionist looked dumbfounded by my name, and then told me that my appointment was actually the following Thursday (7/26).

Pregnancy Brain already?!?

Anyway, because both Will and I had taken off of work, the nurse practitioner was gracious enough to see us!

I was so nervous! But they didn't do a whole lot! I was mostly very anxious to see if they were gonna do an ultrasound...which they did, and it was super cool to see the sac and little seed...but because I was only 5 weeks and not 6, (remember my appointment was for the following week!) we couldn't hear our little peanut's heartbeat yet...bummer.

Naturally, as I think any new mother would do, I went into freak out mode, but the nurse assured us again and again that it was just a little too early and that she isn't worried at all, and that everything she did see on the ultrasound were all good signs.

I am just so thankful that right before the ultrasound I told her my cycle is 33-34 days and I ovulate late, because they were thinking I was close to 7 weeks...and if we didn't hear a heartbeat then it could have been a bad sign, but alas, I am only 5 weeks.

I guess the fact that I'm only 5 weeks could also explain the lack of symptoms, which of course had me worried as well. I don't have any real nausea, (yet!) and I'm always tired...so I don't know if that's anything new. But I do have very sore breasts and a strange hankering for all things spicy!

Grow strong my little pea!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment