Saturday, July 14, 2012

So, other than a brief stint at Xanga years ago, I'm pretty new at this "blog thing." I'm literally looking at the screen like, "Ok...so I just type?" Anyway...

So, I promised myself years ago that when my husband and I started a family I would document our journey from the very beginning.

Well, yesterday for the very first time I saw two beautiful lines on (2) pregnancy tests...so here I am!

Honestly, the whole day still feels unreal. We had been trying for a few months without success and like any woman, I started to question if something was wrong with me. (even though deep down I really didn't feel like anything was) I'm just very impatient!

I had worked myself up all week long saying, "Friday is the day!" "Friday is when I'll take a test!" In actuality I was about a week late and could have took one days before then, but I kept thinking if I took one it would just be negative, and then this hopefulness and excitement (I was trying not to get too excited!) would be gone. So, needless to say, its been a long week!

As I sat in the bathroom waiting for the results I just prayed and prayed, "Your will be done." I didn't plead with God to be pregnant, in fact, I asked for him to soothe my disappointment if it was negative and ensure me that it will happen in his timing, not mine.

You ever dream of a day in your head and imagine exactly how it was going to go? Yeah, that's not how this went. I always thought either my husband wouldn't be home and I'd do some cutesy little thing to let him know I was pregnant, or if he was home, he would wait in there with me and when that pretty little positive came up we'd cry and embrace.

Instead, it went a little something like this:

Me in the bathroom in our bedroom.
Will in the kitchen.

Me: (In the most obnoxious white-trash scream) "Willlllllllllll!!! I'm PREGNAAAAAANT!"
Will: "Whaaaat?"

Then we stared at the two tests in disbelief (I may or may not have left them on the counter all day just to look at) and then we embraced <3. But oddly enough there were no tears. Maybe it was the shock?

And then I left to go to work, surrounded by babies all day. How's one suppose to accomplish anything? I couldn't think of anything else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment