Monday, September 3, 2012

10 Weeks!

I'm really slacking on this blog lately (Thank you, Hurricane Isaac!), but anyway, a couple weeks ago I went in for my 10 week check up! As always I was quite nervous, but after what seemed like forever, my doctor was able to pick up baby's heartbeat on the Doppler! 172 bpm! Whew! It takes an eternity to find it on there when you're a worrying mom in her first trimester! Doc says baby looks great, and then she dealt me this blow....

I want you to have a C-Section.

Not the first thing I wanted, but it's understandable. For those of you who may be reading but do not know me, I have a mild form of Cerebral Palsy, and one of the ways it effects me is by having a [very] limited gait. My doctor fears that if they give me an epidural, and then stretch me all kinds of ways, I'll end up with a beautiful newborn....and 2 broken legs. No bueno. 

So after getting over the initial shock, I went home and did my research The overwhelming response was that people with CP can have perfectly healthy pregnancies and deliveries, but they always end up through C-Section.

We are going to a high risk doctor in a week for a 2nd opinion [at my doctor's request], but I've pretty much settled on the fact that she will likely say the same thing. 

And I guess if there's any kind of silver lining to this, at least all of our out of town family will be able to be there for the birth.

Anyway, moving on... a few months ago I stumbled upon the cutest pregnancy blog....
This girl is so adorable & creative.

No, sadly I am not artsy fartsy enough to also do a chalkboard...but I love her little weekly questionnaire, so I will be borrowing that! (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...anyone?)

 Here I am at that ever so awkward phase of, "Is she pregnant? Or just getting chubby?" I often tell my husband that this middle ground of pregnancy shouldn't exist. Women should just wake up one day with a definite bump. 

How far along? 10 weeks, 4 days (in this pic...12 week update soon...I know I'm slacking!)
Total weight gain/loss: 5 lbs...already! Yikes! But, in my defense, we did go on a 10 day vacation before this checkup!
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but my pants sure are snug. 
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleeping pretty well. no better/worse than pre-pregnancy.
Best moment this week: Hearing baby's strong heartbeat <3
Miss Anything? Margariiiiiitas with the family! They were tossing them back the other day when we made our big announcement, and I was so sad I couldn't partake!
 Movement: Not yet!
Food cravings: All things spicy. jalapenos [straight from the jar], Rotel, buffalo wings, but also some "normal" things like, pickles, cheese, milk, and fruit!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee, my vitamin.
Have you started to show yet: Definitely by the end of the day... 
Gender prediction: Boy
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Ehhh, a little moody, but mostly happy!
Looking forward to:Finding out if it's a boy or girl, and feeling baby move around! 

Grow strong my little prune,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment