Sunday, December 2, 2012

24 Weeks!





How far along? 24 Weeks, 5 days.
Total weight gain/loss: 25 lbs!!! Yikes!! Thank you Thanksgiving! At my 23 week appointment I was at 21 lbs...fast forward one week (after Turkey Day...) and BAM! 25 LBS! My dream of only gaining 30 lbs seems to be dwindling! 
Maternity clothes? All day, every day. Well, except during the work week, my XS scrub pants still fit below my belly (HOLLA!) But my polo shirts are entirely too short, but being the stubborn Taurus that I am, I'm still rocking them, only with a long maternity tank underneath. I'm sure it looks ridiculous. 
Stretch marks? Bio Oil all day everyday baby! 
Sleep: Still sucky! I have got to get my butt off this sofa! I would say I accidentally fall asleep on here at least 3 days a week! And it is no bueno for my back!
Best moment this week:Well, back tracking a little...while in Arkansas over Thanksgiving (23 weeks) Will finally felt Sailor kick! And I was so relieved because I was so anxious for him to! She's tricky like her mama! Every time I'd put his hand on my belly...she'd stop. But now he's felt her a bunch! So has my mom, and mother in law! As for this week, the best moment had to have been seeing baby on screen again at my high-risk appointment, my mom came with me for the first time and it was so special to be able to share those moments with her. Also, I have been officially discharged as a high-risk patient (praise god!) My placenta moved right on up where it should be, and my cervix appears completely competent and able to maintain this pregnancy! Thank you for all the prayers.
Miss Anything? I know this might sound weird, but I will miss being high-risk. I got spoiled by all those ultrasounds...now I don't think I'll get another until probably the very end. I will also miss the doctor and staff there because they were so great!
 Movement:Tons!
Food cravings: Maybe my most bizarre one yet, but REAL COCA COLA! Doesn't sound so weird though right? But you see, I haven't had one in 5 1/2 years!! (I switched to Diet) But the other night leaving work it just hit me like a brick...I NEED A REAL FULL-SUGAR COKE RIGHT NOW! Fast forward to me in the Mickey D's drive thru... and  now, a terrible habit has formed.
Anything making you queasy or sick: coffee, my sweet sweet coffee! I will enjoy you again one day! 
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In, but getting shallower by the day (and by shallower, I mean I can no longer put my finger inside of it...it's like FLAT!) But not out yet!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I may or may not have had a crazy lady crying fit last week in a Gordman's dressing room while struggling (hardcore) to put my boots back on. Thank you to my precious husband for (eventually) helping me be able to laugh it off...
Looking forward to: I just want to hold her so bad. Every time I see a baby being born on TV, I want our time to be NOW! But I know this bun has to bake a bit longer! And I'm ok with that ;-)

Grow Strong my little canteloupe!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment